Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Mary


I won’t tell her age but today, April 27th, is my sister Mary’s birthday. I was born in 1951 and she is my older sister, but that is all I can say. Okay she graduated in the 60’s.

She didn’t want to celebrate her birthday, but her friends all reminded her that my mom is a great cook and makes wonderful cakes. So she changed her mind and will have a small celebration.

I thought about what to get her for a gift and found some vintage hand embroidered cotton napkins and a matching table cloth. Cute, but I felt I needed to do something more--more personal, something fun, something she wouldn’t expect. Mary loves the 50’s music so I decided to make a little art piece to celebrate poodle skirts, 50’s music, family, and her love of gardening. Framed and ready to send, I will put this little framed art piece in the mail on Monday as a belated gift.

Until then…Happy Birthday Mary

1 comment:

MEME said...

THANKS SIS
THIS IS TRULY THE BEST PIECE OF ART YOU HAVE DONE.

IT IS ONE OF MY MOST TREASURED POSSESSIONS.

AND REMEMBER YOU GRADUATED IN THE 60'S ALSO.

LOVE
ME

Related Posts with Thumbnails