Thursday, April 30, 2009

Builders Paper known as Contractors art studio must have

When Vicki taught our monthly art group the rubber stamp watercolor technique, she introduced us to a new product. She bought builders paper from the hardware store and cut it into large placemat size pieces for each of us to use as a work surface and protect the table we were working on. This instantly became our new favorite art material. It is 35 inches wide and the roll is 140 feet long. The best part is that it only cost $10.00 for the whole thing.

I’ve always used freezer paper over the work surfaces in my studio to protect them from glue, paint, embossing powders, stamp pads, gel mediums, alcohol inks, and anything else that can ruin a counter or table top. A roll wasn’t too expensive when compared to the cost of new counters if I screwed them up, but it wasn’t wide enough for my new work table. This covers the top, lies flat, and is very durable. It looks like a roll of common brown Kraft paper but builder’s paper is much thicker and all natural.

I found this in the paint department at my local Home Depot store. I am sure Lowe’s or any good hardware supply store also carries this.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails