Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pat...A Talented Artist

Last fall while I was attending my Wednesday demo class at Stampadoodle, a wonderful artist named Pat volunteered to host an art group of anyone who was interested at her home once a month. It was going to be a mixed media group, all artist welcome. Wow! What a great way to meet other artist in a relaxed atmosphere and share what you like to do.

We have artist who work in clay from beads to dolls, glass plates to beads, knitting, stamping, watercolor, paper, I think we have it covered. Last night Vicki taught he a watercolor technique with rubber stamps and stamp pads. Vicki brought all the supplies and after we have played and stamped several pages of designs Vicki spread out a table full of papers so that we could make cards or bookmarks with our designs.

Pat had cookies and tea and we chatted about what everyone had been doing and upcoming plans. We watched Pat put her hens to bed in the most adorable playhouse looking hen house. They waited by the gate when it was time to go in for the evening and she said if she doesn’t give them a little treat they won’t sleep. I think she had seven and each on different and unique.

Pat makes the most incredible clay dolls that are not your average doll. They are whimsical and each little face has a story to tell. Pat is very modest when she talks about her dolls but she truly is an artist and you can see one of her dolls featured on the polymer clay daily blog: http://polymerclaydaily.com/2009/03/23/pattees-odd-times/

I am lucky to be part of group of artist who love what they do and share what they love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that true artists are the most generous souls on the planet. Pat is very talented and what a wonderful offer she made! I wish we had a "Pat" around here! I wish I could hold something like that at my house, but too much to get into here... ; )
Although I'm new (just found your blog), I enjoy your blog!
Take it easy
Lotus

Related Posts with Thumbnails