Saturday, June 24, 2006

Father's Day/Birthday


Larry and I celebrated Father’s Day and my birthday together with our son Michael, his mother, and friends Cis and Mike.  Larry never misses a chance to barbeque and enjoy a good steak.  

We usually go to Saturday evening church services but because we worked at an all day fundraiser we attended Sunday morning services.  Michael was waiting for us when we got home and he started helping prepare dinner.  Larry seasoned the steaks and Michael and I prepared a stir fry vegetable dish with a spicy sweet chili sauce.  We also fixed a spinach salad with cranberries, caramelized almonds, and feta cheese to go with the garlic bread and sautéed mushrooms.  Larry’s mom brought Alaskan king crab legs to add to the festive fare. We always fix more food than we can eat and no one goes hungry.

Larry’s mom brought a birthday cake and Michael and I prepared peaches, nectarines, and plums sautéed with a little Grand Marnier and topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.  We sat around telling stories, some long and tall, others short and sweet.

Larry’s father’s day present will be a little late as I am having something specially made for him.  My birthday present was a new scanner to use with my artwork.  Cis and Mike brought a little bag with three boxes inside and each box held a gift card for some of my favorite places to shop.  Ross, TJMaxx, and Michaels craft store.  Cis reminded me that I now qualify for a 10% discount at Ross on Tuesdays and to take advantage of it.  Larry received a cigar and a book for father’s day.  Larry’s mom gave me a new bag that I can use to transport my art supplies.

Larry is a special kind of dad.  He not only fell in love with me, he loves my kids and would do anything for them.  My kids have benefited from having someone in their life that is honest, caring, and respectful of them.  I found my one true love and the perfect father for my kids.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails