Thursday, February 01, 2007

Goodnight daddy

January 22nd

My husband, son, daughter and my nieces and nephews have all arrived.  The arrangements have been made and tomorrow we will bury my father.  The viewing made us face the reality of our loss.  

My daughter kept telling me that granddad needed his glasses.  They forgot to put his glasses on him and she knew he needed them.

The family left that evening with some resting a hand on the coffin and spending a quiet moment saying good-bye while others placed a farewell kiss on my fathers forehead.  

My father would playfully tease the grandkids and sometimes give them a noogie and occasionally they would give him one back.  My daughter gave her grandfather one last noogie and a kiss goodbye as she left.  

Goodnight daddy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails