Thursday, February 01, 2007

Harry O'Neal (H.O.) November 16, 1916 - January 18th, 2007

January 18th, 2007

My father hasn’t eaten in two days or had anything to drink.  It is only a matter of hours that we have left with him.  My brother Jerry and sister-in-law Laura are on their way from Arkansas, but I am afraid there isn’t enough time.

Pastor Ken came to pray with my parents and read passages from from my fathers well worn bible.  

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green [1] pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 19
To the leader. A Psalm of David.1The heavens are telling the glory of God;   and the firmament* proclaims his handiwork. 2Day to day pours forth speech,   and night to night declares knowledge. 3There is no speech, nor are there words;   their voice is not heard; 4yet their voice* goes out through all the earth,   and their words to the end of the world.
In the heavens* he has set a tent for the sun, 5which comes out like a bridegroom from his wedding canopy,   and like a strong man runs its course with joy. 6Its rising is from the end of the heavens,   and its circuit to the end of them;   and nothing is hidden from its heat.
7The law of the Lord is perfect,   reviving the soul;the decrees of the Lord are sure,   making wise the simple; 8the precepts of the Lord are right,   rejoicing the heart;the commandment of the Lord is clear,   enlightening the eyes; 9the fear of the Lord is pure,   enduring for ever;the ordinances of the Lord are true   and righteous altogether. 10More to be desired are they than gold,   even much fine gold;sweeter also than honey,   and drippings of the honeycomb.
11Moreover by them is your servant warned;   in keeping them there is great reward. 12But who can detect their errors?   Clear me from hidden faults. 13Keep back your servant also from the insolent;*   do not let them have dominion over me.Then I shall be blameless,   and innocent of great transgression.
14Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart   be acceptable to you,   O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
When the last word was read from psalm 19 my father took two small breaths at 6:26 PM and left this world and his pain behind.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails