Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Oh Lord, please don't let me do this anymore"

January 17th, 2007

Tonight two of the pastors both named Ray from Bethel Baptist Church came to visit my parents and offer their support and prayers.  The worship pastor sang the following songs to my father:  Precious Memories, Where He Leads Me I Will go, I come to the Garden, and Amazing Grace.  He said this was one of the hardest things he had ever done.  My father made a few noises and we knew that he heard the sweet sounds of the hymns.

My dad cries out in his sleep and it is almost too much to for me to bear listening to his pain and being unable to do anything for him and yet my dad endures day after day finding strength in God.  Last night he cried out in his sleep “oh Lord, please don’t let me do this anymore.”  

I cry out to God please don’t let him hurt any more.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails